Obesity is a condition of excess body weight. With a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25+ you are overweight and at 30+ you are considered obese. There are many causes of obesity which may lie in your genes, your physical makeup, your lifestyle, or combinations of some of these factors.
Many people who are overweight have tried and failed to lose weight for years. Others find weight loss easy but maintaining weight loss is impossible.
Yo-yo dieting is miserable and stressful and we can help you put that way of life behind you. Obesity is not an eating disorder but some people who are overweight also have a toxic relationship with food which needs to be managed if they are to lose weight.
Psychological treatment is much more than diet and lifestyle advice. The aim is to help you to change your relationship with food from the inside out rather than the other way round. Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, NLP and EFT for weight issues and obesity involves all of the following; supporting your motivation, dealing with dietary chaos and comfort eating, coping with cravings and triggers, and changing the thinking and attitudes that keep you stuck.
Recommended Therapy / Treatment Pathway
- Starts with an assessment to discuss in full the current situation and its history
- A thorough health check is recommended for possible risks such as diabetes and problems with glands or hormones. If you are taking steroids or other medicines it is important for us to know
- Setting realistic targets together with boosting motivation and commitment to change
- You may not need to diet. We will together discover an eating plan and appropriate activity programme that will help you lose weight effectively and without deprivation or pain
- Work on comfort eating, unhelpful thinking, body image and self esteem
- Transform your relationship with food
- Relapse prevention. Making sure that when you lose weight you have all the skills you need to keep it off for good
What To Do Next
The first step to change is a no obligation assessment . We will make sense of why it is so hard for you to lose weight and keep it off and how it is possible to change your weight for good.